DO Journal - A beautiful journal app + Windows client for Day One
DO Journal is a beautiful and easy to use journal /electronic diary application for Windows. DO Journal if highly secure, comes with a comprehensive set of features and can be used to maintain multiple journals.
DO Journal is Day One Compatible: If you are a Day One user on iOS or Mac OSX, DO Journal can be used as a Windows PC client for Day One (using Dropbox sync for Day One Classic and the new Day One v2 Data Import Tool for Day One v2).
Our customers love the amazing features and functionality of DO Journal. We believe that if you are looking for an easy to use daily journal/diary for Windows you will love DO Journal.
- Create / edit / review your entries in a distraction free interface
- Attach an image to your entry to make your memory visual (includes getting location, date/time from the image)
- Get a writing prompt for new entries for those times when you feel stuck
- Includes the Five Minute Journal Template, Pure Gratitude Template, Pure Productivity Template and Michael Hyatt's Journal Template.
- On location enabled PCs, entries are automatically tagged with location data so you can remember where you created them
- Capture accurate and hyper-local weather information for your entries.
- Favorite your entries (*star* your entries)
- Assign Tags to your entries to help you categorize your entries (multiple tags can be assigned).
- Use Reminders to help you get more regular with your journal / diary entries.
- Share your entries (or parts of it) via Twitter or email.
- Encrypt (and password protect) your Journal for maximum privacy and security.
- Password protect your entries to keep your journal / diary secure.
- Enable encryption for maximum privacy of your journal data (read more here).
- Change the font-face and font-size of the entry text - write the way you like.
- Specify the location where you want to store your journal entries OR point it to Day One Classic's location on Dropbox to make DO Journal your Windows client for Day One. You can maintain multiple journals / diaries too (see FAQ).
- Pick from one of 9 different themes & styles (2 dark, 7 light) that change the look and feel of the application.
- Set a default location to tag your entries with location and weather data (used in case you do not have a location sensor).
- Enable writing prompts on the creation of new entries - or manually plug in writing prompts for those times when you feel stuck creatively.
- Write more regularly by enabling reminders.
- ...by specified keywords or text
- ...containing a specified tag
- ...in a specified month
- ...that have images
- ...that have been *starred*
- ...on the same day and month in prior years
- ...randomly - see 3 entries from the past
- Maintain multiple journals / diaries (one for work, personal, gratitude, etc.) - see the FAQ for details.
- Import your Day One v2 Data so you can keep it local and even edit/search it.
- Image orientation is automatically set to the right side up.
- DO Journal automatically saves entries so you don't have to worry about losing your writing.
- External changes to the Journal are "sensed", and automatically reflected in DO Journal.
- Changing the date of an entry automatically re-sorts it. We also get the weather information for the new date/time!
- Product is regularly updated - see the Release/Update Log.