DO Journal now available in Windows 10 App Store
We are super excited to announce that DO Journal is now available in the Windows 10 App Store. This will provide users with another mechanism to get a single click, trust verified install of DO Journal on their computers. A significant portion of this update was to ensure that the application is ready for the stringent Microsoft Windows App Store Certification Process.
Co-existence on the DO Journal Web Site and Windows 10 App Store:
- We will continue to sell the product via our web site as well.
- Existing customers that have purchased our product via the web site are not adversely affected in any way as we will continue to provide application updates via email (as we have been doing thus far).
- Any discount coupons available on the web site cannot be used on the Windows App Store and vice versa.
UPDATE: DO Journal is a Featured App on the Windows Store. (It is also one of the best selling apps in the LifeStyle applications category!)
- Based on anonymous analytics data we collect, we have identified and made performance improvements to both the location and weather information acquisition processes so they are non-blocking (i.e. they run asynchronously in the background). What that means for you is that the addition of a new entry will be faster.
- We made weather information acquisition on changing the date / time of an entry to be much more accurate (when the date/time is in the past).
- Want to get a weather forecast? Just create a temporary entry and change the date to a future date. Weather forecasts for the next 7 days should be fairly accurate.The likelihood of the forecast being accurate declines the farther out you go with the date.
- We have improved the performance of loading entries (should be much faster now).
- Lots of code clean up leading to improved overall performance and memory usage.
- A cosmetic bug that was bugging us was that the encryption indicator icon was not properly aligned in the app. We fixed it and feel a lot better now.
- If you were editing an entry and that entry was modified outside the app, the app would reload the entry and make it read only again. We fixed it so it now remembers if you were editing or not - and stays that way.
Existing customers of DO Journal will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of DO Journal. This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just drop us an email to email@example.com and we will get you sorted out.
Get DO Journal and start your journal / diary journey today:
DO Journal is a beautiful journal / electronic diary application for Windows that has the capability to securely maintain multiple journals. DO Journal can also be used as a Windows PC client for Day One (using Dropbox sync for Day One Classic and the new Day One v2 Data Import Tool for Day One v2).