New Search Options:
Now you can find:
- All entries on a given day. Selecting this option will show you entries from the same day and month across your entire journal. So, for example, a search on 14 Oct 2016 using this feature will return your entries from 14 Oct 2015, 14 Oct 2014, etc. if entries exist for those days.
- Find 3 random entries from the past. This will just bring back 3 random entries from all of your entries. If you have less than 3 entries, it will bring back the number of entries that are available.
Why did we implement this? Because we think that it is important to look back on past entries and see what you were doing at that time. Hopefully, this will lead to some introspection and reflection and perhaps it will lead to inspiration about new journal entries.
- Introduced a splash screen for processing operations that can take some time such as creating a new entry, deleting an entry or searching for entries - especially if there are a lot of entries.
- Improved rendering of entries to reduce flickering of the list - especially in search operations.
- The status bar now refreshes appropriately to provide information regarding the activity/processing taking place.
- Fixed a major issue where some users were getting an error message ("xx/xx/xxxx is not a valid date and time") which rendered the application unusable. We deeply regret the inconvenience this may have caused. This issue is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the entry was being marked read-only after editing its tags. This will no longer happen.
- If you add a new entry while viewing search results, the application now brings back all of your entries along with the newly added entry.
- Addressed a defect wherein the entry details were not being cleared if you deleted an entry from the search results and it was the only entry.
Existing customers of DO Journal will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of DO Journal. This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you sorted out.
Get DO Journal and start your journaling journey today:
DO Journal is a beautiful journal / electronic diary application for Windows that has the capability to maintain multiple journals. While it can be used independently, it can also be used as a Windows PC client for Day One (using Dropbox sync for Day One Classic and the NEW Day One v2 Data Import Tool for Day One v2).