- The Five Minute Journal Template - based upon the physical five minute journal product, this template will allow you to to create the same journal entries in DO Journal. If you are interested in printing your own physical copy, we also have an Adapted Five Minute Journal Template (PDF - Letter Size) available for purchase.
- The Michael Hyatt Journal Template - This is another template that seems popular - and we have included it for your use in DO Journal as well.
To use it, you will now need to click on the "callout button" (next to the date) and pick the prompt / template that you want to use.
Whatever you select (Prompt or Template) will be inserted at the very beginning of your entry and will not overwrite anything you may have already written.
If you would like us to add other templates, please do let us know.
Export your Entry to HTML:
In the image above, you will notice that we have also introduced another button - and we are excited to announce that this button gives you one of the most requested features: the ability to export the entry. What does this mean? Well - it means that now you can click on this button and DO Journal will export the selected entry to HTML and open it in a web browser for you to view and/or print. Since most browsers also let you "print" to PDF Files, this is also a flexible way for you to export your entry to PDF files for your records.
- If the number of items in DO Journal are the same as what is on disk, DO Journal will let you know and confirm that you want to refresh.
- Some more code cleanup and performance optimization :)
- When creating a new entry, the month-year and time labels in the new created entry panel (on the left) were being interchanged. We fixed this.
- If you were editing an entry and clicked on another entry in the list, you would lose the ability to scroll thru the list using your up/down keys. No more - as this has been addressed.
- We fixed a few things with respect to the Refresh functionality:
- DO Journal will now first save any edits before refreshing data from disk.
- If you were viewing search results and clicked on Refresh, your entries list would get messed up and show duplicates. We have fixed this.
Existing customers of DO Journal will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of DO Journal. This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you sorted out.
Get DO Journal and start your journal / diary journey today:
DO Journal is a beautiful journal / electronic diary application for Windows that has the capability to maintain multiple journals. While it can be used independently, it can also be used as a Windows PC client for Day One (using Dropbox sync for Day One Classic and the NEW Day One v2 Data Import Tool for Day One v2).