DO Journal Images Just Got Smarter!
- Get the location where the image was taken
- Get the date and time the image was shot
- Get the orientation of the image
Once we have this information, we ensure that the image gets automatically oriented the right way. Don't worry - we don't modify the original image in any way; we save a copy of the image to your journal.
We then prompt you to see if you want to use the location and date/time info from the image - and if you agree, we update your entry with that information.
Note: If images do not contain EXIF data, the application cannot get the location/date-time/orientation from the image and as such will not perform the actions above. It will simply take and store the image as it was attached.
- If your entry has a writing prompt, it can now be updated in-place - regardless of where it occurs in the entry (no longer has to be at the top of the entry for it to be replaced)
- The About Screen now has links for you to share DO Journal to Facebook and Twitter. We would appreciate it if you told others about DO Journal - it would mean a lot to us.
- We updated the location details acquisition to allow for UTF-8 encoding - so locations with extended/special characters in them will now be rendered correctly.
- The entry selection in the left hand panel was being lost if the date/time was changed. We have now addressed this.
Existing customers of DO Journal will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of DO Journal. This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you sorted out.
Get DO Journal and start your journal / diary journey today:
DO Journal is a beautiful journal / electronic diary application for Windows that has the capability to maintain multiple journals. DO Journal can also be used as a Windows PC client for Day One (using Dropbox sync for Day One Classic and the NEW Day One v2 Data Import Tool for Day One v2).