We have now introduced sophisticated weather functionality in DO Journal. We pull accurate and hyper-local weather data from DarkSky.Net based on your location and the date/time of the entry:
- When you create a new entry, the current weather information for your location is obtained and stored in the entry.
- If you change the date/time of the entry, the weather information of the location of the entry for the specified date/time is obtained and stored in the entry.
- Weather information is displayed next to your entry text. You can get further details by clicking on either the weather icon or the temperature displayed.
- We have also updated the Export to HTML functionality so the exported entry displays the weather.
Note: A couple of important notes about this functionality:
- Valid location information must be associated with the entry to be able to obtain weather information.
- The first time you run DO Journal after installing this update (or after importing your entries from Day One v2), the initial load could be slower as DO Journal will get weather information for those entries that do not have weather data currently in them. During this process, the loading screen may seem unresponsive - please do not kill the process.
Share via Twitter and Email
You always have the option to export an entry to HTML, convert to PDF and then send to someone via email. But now, we are extending the sharing features of DO Journal by introducing 2 new buttons next to your entry.
- Share on Twitter: This button takes the entry text (or the selected text in the entry) and opens a tweet in your browser with that text. You can then edit the tweet and post it. Note that DO Journal does not post to Twitter on your behalf.
- Share via Email: This button takes the entry text (or the selected text in the entry) and opens a new email (in the default email handler) with that text. You can then edit the email and send it. Note that DO Journal does not send emails on your behalf.
Tell us what you think of this new functionality!
- Minor performance enhancements.
Existing customers of DO Journal will get an email in their inbox with a link to download the installer for the latest version of DO Journal. This is an in-place upgrade - which means that you simply download and run the installer and it will update the application. Your existing settings and data will not be affected in any way. If, for some reason, you do not get an email from us (please check your SPAM folder!), just drop us an email to email@example.com and we will get you sorted out.
Get DO Journal and start your journal / diary journey today:
DO Journal is a beautiful journal / electronic diary application for Windows that has the capability to maintain multiple journals. DO Journal can also be used as a Windows PC client for Day One (using Dropbox sync for Day One Classic and the NEW Day One v2 Data Import Tool for Day One v2).